Saturday, October 15, 2011

On Starting Over, and Other Such Awesomeness

Why didn't I think of this, before? It took me 11 months to figure out that I just needed to get the hell away from Colorado, and start my life over, somewhere new. Somewhere that doesn't have bad memories attached. Somewhere that there are people nearby, who actually care about me.
Well, I went ahead and did that. And, here I am. Of all the places I have ever considered settling down at, Missouri was not even on the list, until recently. I pondered it, weighed the good and bad, and decided to take the opportunity. So far, this place has shown me absolutely nothing that failed to impress me. I feel alive, unhindered, and mostly stress-free, for the first time in a long, long while.
Now, don't misunderstand... I had plenty of reasons for coming here. But, two of those reasons stand out, amongst the others. The potential job I've waiting on me is one. I never wanted to leave Active Duty military, to be honest... and the opportunity to put the uniform on, every day, is way too tempting to pass up. I will be much happier, once this is official.
The other one... well, let's just say that situation has the potential to turn out incredibly well, if only it would see the light of day. I hope it does, too. Not too soon, but soon. There is simply nothing more to it, than that... and we won't go into any detail, just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment